2277 Seminole Rd Unit M, Atlantic Beach
Latest Real Estate for Sale in Atlantic Beach Florida
1845 Live Oak Ln, Atlantic Beach
352 8th St, Atlantic Beach
Atlantic Beach Florida Real Estate – including MLS Listings, Homes & Condos for Sale Search.
Updated every 5 minutes with the latest real estate for sale in Atlantic Beach Florida - including MLS listings, homes, condos, townhomes, investment property, and land - as posted by Atlantic Beach real estate agents and brokers - over 30% more listings than Zillow, Realtor, Trulia, and Redfin.
Get Signed Up Now to receive new listings, price changes, and recent sales prices - with the ability to get daily, weekly, bi weekly, or monthly email updates.
By creating your FREE account you can:
- Get New Property Email Alerts
- Price Change Alerts
- Detailed Property Info
- Virtual Pictures
- Track Recent Active, Pending, and Solds
Get Signed Up Now and get the latest Atlantic Beach tax and HUD foreclosures, REO properties, bank owned homes, and short sales being offered at HUGE price reductions and significantly lower than retail value.
Atlantic Beach Information and Highlights
Atlantic Beach, FL is a residential community with 14,000 residents in northeast Florida. It is rich in historical value that many believe is the first native American year round settlement in North America. It is approximately three square miles in area with two miles of beaches.
It is an independent town that maintains its municipal government. Its residents hold a representative seat on the Jacksonville city council and may participate in their mayoral election as well.
Atlantic Beach dates back to the early 1900’s when it was a small beachside community. Henry Flagler, the creator of the Florida East Coast Railway, put this tiny town on the map when he built a Mayport depot station just north of the present day Adele Grage Cultural Center. In 1913, Ernest R. Beckett purchased Atlantic Beach. He then began paving streets, installing lights, and water and sewer systems. From that point, Atlantic Beach never looked back.
Its incorporation took place in 1926 with Harcourt Bull, Sr. as its first mayor. The establishment of Mayport Naval Station in 1940 and the Matthews Bridge in the mid-1950’s paved the way for other developments. The coming years saw additions of a sewer plant, fire department, police station and garbage collection take place. In 1957, Atlantic Beach officially became a city.
Present day Atlantic Beach sees mostly residential development with less than 10 percent of incorporated land remaining untouched. It is a popular tourist destination as well.
Atlantic Beach sits in the North Eastern portion of Duval County, Florida. It is part of the Jacksonville Beaches community and is a short drive to the city of Jacksonville, Florida. It is mostly a residential beach community consisting of single-family homes.
Atlantic Beach, Florida gets 50 inches of rain per year. The U.S. average is 37 inches. Snowfall is 0 inches. The U.S. city average is 25 inches of snow per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is 110.
On average, there are 223 sunny days per year in Atlantic Beach. The July high is approximately 89 degrees. The January low is 46 degrees. The comfort index, which looks at the humidity in warm months, is a 29 out of 100. A higher number is more comfortable. On average U.S. cities see a 44 on the comfort index.
Being closely located to some of Florida’s major cities allows Atlantic Beach to offer access to some premier shopping outlets. The quality and value found in these retail stores are worth the short drive to get there.
- St. Augustine Premium Outlets - 2700 State Road 16, St. Augustine, FL 32092 - (904) 825-1555
- St. John Town Center Mall - 4663 River City Drive, Suite 119, Jacksonville, FL 32246 (904) 998-7156
- Sweet Pete’s Candy Store - 400 N. Hogan Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202 - (904) 376-7161
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier Chocolate Factory - 1470 San Marco Road, Jacksonville, FL 32207 (904) 398-2489
You may have a sunburn from a day at the beach or unwilling to end your vacation and return to reality, but one thing you will never be in Atlantic Beach is hungry. There are a variety of dining options available that are sure to appeal to everyone.
- North Beach Fish Camp - 100 1st Street, Neptune Beach, FL 32266 - (904) 249-3474
- Beach Diner - 501 Atlantic Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 - (904) 249-6500
- Ocean 60 Restaurant and Martini Bar - 60 Ocean Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 (904) 247-0060
- Ragtime Tavern and Seafood Grill - 207 Atlantic Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 (904) 241-7877
When the sun goes down, the fun continues in Atlantic Beach. Take in the sights and sounds of beach living, socialize with residents or just relax and unwind from a day in the Florida sun.
- Fly’s Tie Irish Pub - 177 Sailfish Drive E, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 - (904) 246-4293
- One Ocean Bar - 1 Ocean Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 - (904) 249-7403
- Poe’s Tavern - 363 Atlantic Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 - (904) 241-7637
- Culhanes Irish Pub - 967 Atlantic Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 - (904) 249-9595
Atlantic Beach schools are part of the Duval County public school system. As the sixth largest school district in Florida, it provides educational services to approximately 128,000 students. The Duval County school district has a 74 percent graduation rate.
- Atlantic Beach Elementary School - 298 Sherry Drive, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 (904) 247-5924
- Mayport Middle School - 2600 Mayport Road, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 - (904) 247-5977
- Marine Science Education Center - 1347 Palmer Street, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 (904) 247-5973
- Montessori Tides School - 1550 Penman Road, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233 - (904) 241-1139
Being on Florida’s East coast makes it possible for Atlantic Beach to offer activities that take you out in the Florida sun or indoors where there is air conditioning. The choice is yours.
- St. Augustine’s Old Jail - 167 San Marco Avenue, St. Augustine, FL 32084 - (904) 826-3663
- Potter’s Wax Museum - 31 Orange Street, St. Augustine, FL 32084 - (904) 829 - 9056
- North Beaches’ Art Walk - 14286 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32207 - (904) 753-9594
- Marineland Dolphin Adventure - 9600 Oceanshore Blvd, St. Augustine, FL 32084 (904) 471-1111
Atlantic Beach, Florida provides you with everything under the sun to do making it your home away from home. Residents love having pristine beaches as their backyard scenery and visitors vow never to leave. Atlantic Beach is a perfect place to start the next chapter of your life.
Atlantic Beach Property Alert
Be the first to know when new Atlantic Beach short sales, foreclosures, deeply discounted homes, and brand new hot properties come onto the market before anyone else - over 30% more listings than Trulia, Zillow and Realtor.
Atlantic Beach Home Valuation
Do you own a home in Atlantic Beach and want to find out instantly and completely free what it is worth in today's market - with absolutely no cost or obligation?
Whether you need to get pre-approved for a mortgage, deal with a savvy buyers agent to find the perfect home, or an experienced listing agent to get your home sold...